Degrees Offered & Transfer

photo banner for degrees offered

Degree Programs represent a set course of study offered by CASC that leads to an associate degree or certificate. Carl Albert State College offers two year associates degrees in art, science, and applied science; and several certificates. The following is a list of degree programs offered by CASC. Student may select a degree plan and view those courses required to earn the degree and its suggested 4-semester enrollment guide.
[This section includes Degree Plans, Transfer Guides, and Articulation Agreements].


Business Administration
Child Development
Computer Information Systems
Enterprise Development
Health Physical Education & Recreation
Pre-Elementary Education
Pre-Law Criminal Justice
Social Science
Sociology Psychology
General Studies       (AA in General Studies with Tracks)


Allied Health
Biological Pre-Professional Sciences
Enterprise Development
Math Physical Science Pre-Engineering


Applied Technology
Child Development
Computer Technology
Occupational Health Safety
Physical Therapist Assistant


Child Development
Child Development Directors Certificate
Child Development Infant Toddler
Physical Therapist Aide

Students pursuing careers in secondary education should major in the field of study in which they plan to teach.  Upon transferring to a four-year school, students can then major in secondary education for that field.


The following links show CASC students how their courses transfer among colleges. While this is only a partial list, the Oklahoma State Regents publishes an Equivalency Table that supports equivalency among colleges and university within the Oklahoma system. Individual colleges publishes guides to further explain course transferability.

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
University of Arkansas – Fort Smith
The University of Oklahoma
Oklahoma State University
Northeastern State University   (general education equivalency guide)
University of Central Oklahoma


The VIKING difference…
After Carl Albert…Transfer Opportunities…


Carl Albert State College is committed to providing students with seamless transfer opportunities to CASC or with four-year university partners. CASC has established transfer agreements with regional institutions in a number of degree areas. Please consult your advisor in regards to the best opportunity for you.

CASC Admission of Transfer Students and Transfer Policy

Admission Requirements:
Undergraduate students entering CASC by transfer from another institution may do so under the following conditions:
1. Students must provide the college’s Office of Admissions an official transcript from all colleges/universities previously attended.
2. Students under 21 years of age must provide an official high school transcript to demonstrate completion of high school curricular requirements.

Transfer Policies:
Transcripts from colleges and universities accredited by the Higher Learning Commission or other regional associations will be given full value. Students who transfer to CASC with a retention/graduation GPA high enough to meet CASC’s retention standards will be admitted in good standing. Otherwise, students who transfer to CASC with a retention/graduation GPA below CASC’s retention standards will be admitted under Academic Probation or Academic Notice.
1. Students may be admitted to CASC from another college. Student will be “Admitted Under Academic Probation” and may continue enrollment when a minimum 2.00 GPA is earned per term.
2. Any transfer probation student with curricular deficiencies must remove the deficiencies within the first 12 hours of enrollment. A system wide course transfer matrix is maintained online and updated annually by the State Regents for all Oklahoma public colleges and universities.
CASC accepts all courses outlined by the transfer matrix and other courses based on a review of the institution’s regional accreditation, comparable course content, and successful course completion.

Special Non-Degree Seeking:
Student Students who wish to enroll in courses without intending to pursue a degree may be permitted to enroll in no more than nine credit hours (cumulative) without submitting academic credentials or meeting the academic curricular or performance requirements of the institution of desired entry. Retention standards and course prerequisites will be enforced. Once a student has completed the designated number of hours, the student is required to meet the formal admission or transfer criteria for the institution of desired entry in order to enroll in additional course work.

East Central University

Northeastern State University

Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology

Southeastern Oklahoma State University

The University of Oklahoma

University of Central Oklahoma

For a comprehensive transfer listing for UCO “click here

Arkansas Tech University

Columbia College

Columbia Southern University

John Brown University

Northcentral University

University of Arkansas at Fort Smith